This event is for our future Mooloolaba Triathlon champions, and for us it’s one of the best events across the weekend.
Little athletes from 6-13 years of age will get to experience the excitement of competing in a mini triathlon and the glory of crossing the finish line.
Every little athlete will take home some shiny bling, and a Mooloolaba Superkidz Triathlon singlet from our friends at ASICS to celebrate their achievement.
|DATE||Saturday 13 March 2021|
|DISTANCE||Family Wave* (6-10 years) 100m swim / 1km cycle / 500m run
7-10 years 100m swim / 1km cycle / 500m run
11-13 years 200m swim/3km cycle / 1km run
(Age as at event day)
|START TIME||All Kids Briefing 7:15am
11-13 years - 7:30am
7-10 years - 7:45am
Family Wave - 8:00am
|LOCATION||Charles Clarke Park, Mooloolaba|
View Entry Fees here
|CHECK IN||6:00am - 7:00am|
Random Prize Draws will occur once all finishers
|WITHDRAWALS||Please note that registrations for all festival events are not refundable in the case of athlete withdrawal (injury, change of mind, unable to attend) and are non-transferable|
*Family wave is one child 6-10 years participating with a parent/guardian
What to bring? Each Superkid must bring their helmet and bike on race morning. Don’t forget to bring something appropriate to swim in (including goggles), and also your run/ride gear (including a shirt or singlet)!
What will I receive? Superkidz will be provided with a race bib and swim cap. You’ll also receive an amazing ASICS Superkidz t-shirt when you check-in which can be worn on the run and ride (or you can wear your own shirt).
How do I wear my bib? The race bib with athlete number isn’t worn on the swim, but must be worn on the front of your shirt/singlet for the ride and run.
What happens on the day?
- Superkidz are to check-in (with a parent/guardian) between 6:30-7:45am Saturday 13 March in Charles Clarke Park.
- Superkidz then go to “body marking” to have your athlete number written on your arm – this is compulsory due to safety reasons.
- Bikes are to be taken to the transition area for racking.
- Helmets must be on and clipped up when racking the bike. An official will check helmets for safety.
- Head to the warm up area by 7:45am
- The Superkidz Tri will start at 8:00am. Swim caps are compulsory to wear in the water!
- Parent/guardian must meet their child at the finish line at the end, as they won’t be allowed to wander out of the finish area otherwise.
The most important thing to remember? Have fun!