This is for our future Mooloolaba Triathlon legends and for us it’s one of the best events of the weekend.
Kids from 7-13 years of age get to have their moment of glory and have that finish line feeling after their own swim, bike, run.
Every little athlete gets some shiny bling and an ASICS Mooloolaba Superkidz Triathlon Singlet to sport their achievement.
|DATE||Saturday 14 March 2020|
|DISTANCE||Family Wave 100m swim / 1km cycle / 500m run
7-10 years 100m swim / 1km cycle / 500m run
11-13 years 200m swim/3km cycle / 1km run
(Age as at event day)
|START TIME||All Kids Briefing 7:50am
11-13 years - 8:00am
7-10 years - 8:30am
Family Wave - 8:45am
View Entry Fees here
Entries will open mid-December
|CHECK IN||6:30am - 8:30am|
What to bring? Each Superkid must bring their helmet and bike on race morning. Don’t forget to bring something appropriate to swim in (including goggles), and also your run/ride gear (including a shirt or singlet)!
What will I receive? Superkidz will be provided with a race bib and swim cap. You’ll also receive an amazing Superkidz t-shirt when you check-in which can be worn on the run and ride (or you can wear your own shirt).
How do I wear my bib? The race bib with athlete number isn’t worn on the swim, but must be worn on the front of your shirt/singlet for the ride and run.
What happens on the day?
- Superkidz are to check-in (with a parent/guardian) between 6:30-8:00am Saturday 14th March in Charles Clarke Park.
- Superkidz then go to “body marking” to have your athlete number written on your arm – this is compulsory due to safety reasons.
- Bikes are to be taken to the transition area for racking.
- Helmets must be on and clipped up when racking the bike. An official will check helmets for safety.
- Head to the warm up area by 7:45am
- The Superkidz Tri will start at 8:00am. Swim caps are compulsory to wear in the water!
- Parent/guardian must meet their child at the finish line at the end, as they won’t be allowed to wander out of the finish area otherwise.
The most important thing to remember? Have fun!